Wednesday, September 5, 2007

When do you say 'Enough!'

I'm sitting here in front of my computer, reviewing all the jobs I've applied for and for which I didn't get an interview, and looking over the list of people I've contacted who can't even muster the effort to make a one-minute return phone call or even send a one-sentence reply.

And I ask myself, "What is the point? Why am I putting myself through all this nonsense just to try to get a job here? Just write off the Pittsburgh area, pack a bag, and get the hell out of this town before your career goes into even more of a death spiral."

1 comment:

PaniniGuy said...

Just found your blog through Pittsblog.

FWIW, I've been here since late 2001 (lost my Boston job after 9/11). I did consulting for a few years - all clients were out of town. Then went in on a local business as a partner.

Even now, I look for contract work, can't get a call back. People won't touch me because I made a decent salary a long time ago.

Wish I could explain it.

Anyway, thanks for the perfect blog to vent on!